Thomas Doty – Storyteller
Here's a selection of books on rock writings, native maps and Indian sign language. Some of the books are available as print-friendly PDFs on this website.
- Clark, W.P. The Indian Sign Language. Lincoln & London: University of Nebraska Press, 1982. [ PDF ]
- Cressman, Luther. Petroglyphs of Oregon. Eugene: University of Oregon Publications in Anthropology, 1937.
- Grant, Campbell. Rock Art of the American Indian. New York: Thomas Y. Crowell Company, 1967.
- Hill, Beth and Ray. Indian Petroglyphs of the Pacific Northwest. Seattle & London: University of Washington Press, 1974.
- Keyser, James D. Indian Rock Art of the Columbia Plateau. Seattle & London: University of Washington Press, 1992.
- Keyser, James D. Pictographs of the High Cascades: Rock Art of Western Oregon. Roseburg: Umpqua National Forest Heritage Report 1, 2005.
- Loring, J. Malcom and Louise. Pictographs & Petroglyphs of the Oregon Country. Los Angeles: Institute of Archaeology, University of California, 1982. [ PDF ]
- Mallery, Garrick. Picture-Writing of the American Indians (Volumes 1 & 2). New York: Dover Publications, 1972. [ PDF ]
- Martineau, LaVan. The Rocks Begin to Speak. Las Vegas: KC Publications, 1973.
- Tomkins, William. Indian Sign Language. New York: Dover Publications, 1969. [ PDF ]
- Warhus, Mark. Another America: Native American Maps and the History of Our Land. New York: St. Martin's Press, 1997.
- York, Annie, Richard Daly, Chris Arnett. They Write Their Dreams Forever: Rock Writings in the Stein River Valley of British Columbia. Vancouver: Talonbooks, 1993.
Website © 1997- by Thomas Doty.